Sunday, July 27, 2008

July 24

Pioneer Day was quite the day for us this year. To start the day off, I woke up a 6 to put out flags with our scout troop. I was exhausted, due to the fact that I had stayed up until 1 playing Guitar Hero. When I got home, Michelle and I watched the 24th of July Day Parade, and to top the day off we, along with our good friends the McClearys, decided to go to 'This Is the Place Heritage Park.' The park has a petting zoo area where the kids were able to see some sheep, baby goats, rabbits, cows, and Eesti even pet a snake. Around 1 o'clock, it was too hot to keep wandering around, so we went and got ice cream at the old fashion ice cream parlor in the park. After that, it was defiantly time to go, the kids were hot, tired and ready to go home. I think Michelle was on the verge of going insane trying to deal with a hot and tired Eesti.

After a much "heated" debate about what to do for the rest of the day, swimming was the only thing that made sense. We gave the kids a brief nap and headed off to the Kearn's Aquatic Center. It was a great way to end the day.

1 comment:

Kara Hanson said...

Your kids are adorable! Isn't crazy how we get reconnected through the internet! I hope everything is well. Kara Blanch Hanson
crazycutekids.blogspot.com