Sunday, August 10, 2008

Barbie Girl

When I was on my mission in Latvia in 1997, there was a discotheque next door to the Zone office, and all we heard at district meetings was techno music. While I was there, this song Barbie Girl by Aqua came out and they played it over and over. (If you don't know the song, it is the first one on our play list.) They played it so much, that the all of us missionaries could sing it word for word. Just sad. Needless to say, I hated the song Barbie Girl while I was there.

Fast Forward 10 Years

Barbie Girl is still a part of my every day life. It is Eesti-Mae's favorite song. KILL ME NOW!!! All she ever wants to listen to is this "fabulous" song. To top it all off, she walks around the house singing it. Yes, she knows every word. What a great song for a 4 year old to know. I am a failure for a parent.

No comments: