Monday, November 24, 2008

The Moment I ALWAYS knew would happen.

Did I catch your attention! We usually have been torn between the two families, on where to eat Thanksgiving dinner.It always seems like my family and Brian's family want us to come and eat at their house at the exact same time. Brian refuses to break the day up, he likes to stay put. For the record we have had Thanksgiving dinner at my family's house I think two times in seven years. I don't really care as long as I'm getting the turkey, who cares where it's coming from!
This year will be different. Brian's family is all going out of town and coinincidently my family is going out of town as well.
For some unknown reason, I have always known that I would have to cook Thanksgiving dinner... by myself!!! I have feared this moment ever since I was 16 or so. Isn't that weird!! I guess it probably stems from the fact that I am not a cook. It has been an ongoing battle. I'm happy to report I feel more prepared than i thought i would be, after a nice rundown from my sis in law.. who is an excellent cook and some help from food network I think it will turn out nice....hopefully.

7 comments:

Charity said...

Good Luck!! It will turn out to be a favorite memory.

Hailey said...

Hey Michelle!
I'd invite you to come to my family's but mine will be in California and Steve's will be in St. George...so we're going there. I'm not going to cook by myself...I'll go where the turkey is! Good luck!

Brammer Family said...

Girl, I am right there with you. I would be freakin' out if I had to cook Thanksgiving dinner.

I really need to start heading up to my moms and learn how to do all this turkey schmirky stuff. :)

Lots of Luck! :) If all else fails, I noticed Burger King will be open.

David and Michelle Christianson said...

I have to say I am quite impressed that you are taking on Thanksgiving by yourself. It freaks me out! I'm sure you will have a great day and all turn out delicious!!!

Jill said...

Fotogenix!

Jill said...

Oh, but I had a friend do our outside ones!

Charity said...

I found the website for Avery's blanket you asked about. You can order it there or it has the locations in ut.

http://www.elegantbaby.com/products_en_2_3_7_9_6-Baby-Blankie-M-Fiber-Hot-Pink.php

I still have the cream blanket i told you about but it is a full size blanket not a small one.